Develop a Product
Typical Scenario for Pesticide Formulation Development
- Pre-formulation – Establish level of a.i. required for efficacy.
- Determine type of formulation desired based on target market, efficacy of the a.i., dilution factors etc.
- Select inert excipients, solvent, surfactants etc. and develop formulations for efficacy testing. Take account of product efficacy considerations, enhanced uptake, inclusion of spreader stickers
- Run greenhouse and small plot field trials.
- Start physical and chemical storage stability program.
- Adjust formulation based on feed back from field personnel, if necessary.
- Adjust formulation based on storage stability results, if necessary.
- Initiate toxicity tests, inhalation studies etc. User friendliness considerations, skin irritation, high / low pH, fat solvating power, eye irritation – pH, solvent effect.
- Apply for registration
- Test combinations with other products, compatibility in tank mixes etc.
If you’re ready to make your product a reality, contact us today.